Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sophie Tunic #2 - size 18mths - 2 years

A couple of nights ago I was able to make another Sophie tunic. I absolutely love this fabric. It's one of my favourites. It's not a difficult pattern, but it has lots of steps so it takes quite a while to make it, especially when it's still quite new to me.

The one problem I've found with this pattern is that the neckline is rather small and it won't actually go over many babies' heads. This one is 18mth - 2 years in size, but there's no way it will fit over a child's head of that age...
...so, what I think I'll do is cut a slit at the back and sew a button and loop. I think I'll do that for each tunic from now on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bron, I love this! I have seen Made-by-Rae do some for her little boy, and have thought about making one for my little boy, but I haven't found a pattern yet. Have you tried fiddling with the neckline? I would be interested to hear how you went with that! This is beautiful, well done!
    Jo W xx

    ReplyDelete